Tuesday, October 04, 2005

FLU VACCINE

PANDEMIC

WOW, so that's all it takes for the government to get off their butts and develop more vaccine, predict a pandemic. Last year they said it would be hard year for those who were sick or elderly, or otherwise had health issues. OH, I forgot, those of us with health concerns aren't what the government worries about, its the strong healthy ones that the government wants to protect. I say that with disdain because last winter everyone was getting flu shots but I had a hard time getting one myself. Even though there was a short supply and the health dept said only those with major health concerns were to get the shots, all of the state legislature got their flu shots, all of Congress got their flu shots. A lot of otherwise health individuals got their flu shots LONG before I FINALLY got mine.

So, now they predict that the avian flu will sweep the nation and suddenly the government grants licenses to several labs to produce flu vaccine.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger mojoala said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, only the wealthy and the important will get flu shots....

dat be sounding like dem organ transplant issues you brought up before....

VA has said it's mandatory for the Diabetics such as I, so I will get mine....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home