Friday, September 23, 2005

ANIMAL PLANET-CON'T

mojoala said...

Snakes, sheeesh, in my mind the only good snake is a dead snake. Cats can keep the rodent population more under control. a cat can kill a rat a night, whereas a snake only kills one once a week on the average i think.

As for Deer, Kenny read my own blog about "It's not a sport => Hunting"


Well, I don't know what snakes you've been around but when I was 8-9 yrs old, I was up in the Smoky Mountains with my mom's side of the family, and as most kids do, riding in the back of my uncle's pick up truck around "Dead Man's Curve" when my uncle saw a large snake crossing the road. He ran it over then we stopped and looked at it, and noticed it had bulges down it body, so my uncle, using his foot, starting from the tail, pressed on the snakes stomach and by the time he reached the snakes head, out came one large rabbit and several babies.

See, in the wild, snakes don't always know when their next meal is coming so they eat until they can't eat anymore. Then they can live for a month without eating again.

Back shortly after I got out of high school there was a story in the paper about this one school somewhere here in Alabama, that used to have a rat problem. They also had a biology teacher who had snakes in his class for his student to study. One was a boa constrictor. One day the snake went missing. With in weeks, the staff at the school noticed that the rat problem had been slowly diminishing. Then they developed in plumbing problem, so when the plumber when until the school to work on the pipes, he came back out a short time later and said they would have to find the leak on their own. He showed them a 7' long piece of shed snake skin. The principle said he was in no hurry to locate the snake since it had taken care of the rat problem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home