Monday, October 10, 2005

HACKERS

mojoala said...

From a wishy washy standpoint, I can understand that.

After all, they do hire convicted hackers to come and work for them, so what makes drugees any different?


I do know that the government has hired hackers to test their computer security systems. I think they get paid to find "backdoors" or other means to get into the database. So, actually they get paid to successfully hack into a computer. That way, the programers can close all windows into the computer.

Now, back when I was trying to learn programing (the operative word is trying) I was great at causing a program to crash. In fact, later, when I was working as a graduate teacher's assistant in AUM's Psychology Dept. we got a new program to register students for their classes. Us GTAs had to train before registration could begin. On the first day, the representative from the software company gave us a brief lesson then let us practice. She wasn't gone for 5 minutes when I locked up the system. All I did was something that happens every registration, a student finds an available class so they take it, but then they want to see if that class is at a later time. But they don't want to let go of their first selection, just in case. Well the program wouldn't let you do that. You had to drop your first pick and hope there was another time for that class. If not, you had to hope you could go back and get your first pick again. They did correct that flaw before registration.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger mojoala said...

that's why they have programmers like me! ha ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home