Saturday, March 04, 2006

I'M BACCCCK

I'm letting you all know that I'm back from my stay in the hospital. For those who haven't been readers from the begining, I titled my blog "Ironsides Rants" for a few reasons. First I'm in a wheelchair due to a birth defect called "Spina Bifida". Like Muscular Dystrophy, I slowly lost use of my legs but unlike MD, SB does not progress further than my legs. Because of the wheelchair, my favorite show on tv when I was growing up was a showed called "Ironsides". It was about a police detective who was paralyzed from the waist down by a would be assassin. Even from a wheelchair, he solved crimes.

The Rants part comes from the fact that I'm very opinionated. If something bothers me I don't mind expressing my opinion on it, as some of you have noticed.

I recently had to make a trip to the hospital because the home health care nurse I had wasn't doing her job like she should have and I got an infection in my right leg, and I had some pressure sores that were getting worse (one of the hazzards of being confined to a wheelchair). Now the infection is gone and the sores are doing much better. And I'm back to rant about the things that has happened since I've been gone. I may have been in the hospital, but I have kept up on current events.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger porchwise said...

Welcome back. I remember Ironsides and Raymond Burr was great in it and the Perry Mason Series. In fact, I'm old enough to remember seeing him in movie theaters when he played in those old black and white horror flicks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home