Thursday, October 13, 2005

RETIREMENT

mojoala said...

I would narrow it down even further, if your retirement is double the minimum wage, then you don't need social security either provided of course when COLA goes into effect for SS it goes into effect for MW as well.

Double the current minimum wage comes to 1785 a month based on minimum wage of 5.15. I don't know what the current min is.


No, I wouldn't take it down that far. People shouldn't have to leave their homes just to make ends me. I know about that from personal experience. I think it should be based on what their pension or retirement plan is. Although, in light of all the airlines having trouble meeting their pension payments, you might not be able to count on that either.

But for the execs, the ones making the big bucks, they should be limited in Social Security.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger mojoala said...

okay use the triple rule than that would make it currently 2678 a month. And that is more than my take home each month and I have 2 kids at home still.
You can't live off that as a single person, then one needs to reevaluate your onself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home