Thursday, October 13, 2005

MIERS

Two responses to my post about Miers and her religious beliefs.

mojoala said...

yepper I agree....

porchwise said...

I'm kind of changing my mind on Miers. After reading her background, I think (although she admires Dubya) the lady may have a secret agenda. I know a few Evangelists (very few) and, once they know my religious convictions, I sense a very different and, yes, secularist nuance of how they view the government. Senate hearings should be interesting but I doubt if they will enlighten the crowd much, if any.

Well I haven't been around too many evangelist except for Jehova's Witnesses and the Mormons. And it used to be where all I had to say was that I'm a practicing Catholic and they would leave. That doesn't work anymore.

I'm very much a Catholic, but I don't believe you should push your own religious beliefs on others. And that's what my experiences with Evangelistic people has been like. They don't care about your convictions, they just want to tell you theirs.

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger mojoala said...

Tell it brother! Tell it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home