Thursday, October 13, 2005

ASSISTED LIVING

mojoala said...

Kenny, I do hate it for you. SSI is not keeping up with inflation. Furthermore, I believe that the Government in essense of honoring mother and father and the elderly and the infirmed should provide assisted living. If our government that is supposedly based on Christianity does not take care of these, then all precepts of the government based on the bible is a lie.

First of all, when I found out I was going to have to move out of the house I not only grew up in but inherited from my parents when they passed away, I checked into assisted living. They range in cost from $1500 to well over $2,000 a month. I get well below that in SSI.

Then, all of those in the surrouding area had waiting list over 5 yrs long. I was in no position to wait that long. I rent a house that I can somewhat afford, unless they take more out of my check, and I have my own tv, phone, kitchen and bedroom, plus I have my cat, who has been my means of sanity over the past couple of years. Only a few assisted living facilities will let you have a pet.

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger mojoala said...

Those are the private ones, the government should provide public ones.

Hey post a picture of your cat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home