Monday, March 13, 2006

DRUG COMPANIES-CON'T

Dennis said...

OMG, I cannot believe you are using the class envy lines. Why are successful people punished in this country? Just because they are successful doesn't mean they are evil. People go into business to make money. Business is a for profit venture.

I'm not against big business, but god help you if you ever get laid up and have to survive on disability because you will find out that you can't afford the medications you need, the natural gas you need for warmth and for cooking, or the gas that goes in your car. You either pay for those things or you pay for food.

Drug companies have to realize that they are in business because there are sick people out there that need their drugs, but if you price yourself out of the market, you lose your biggest base of customers and you lose business. Just like basic economics, when prices are low you have more customers, but when prices are high, you lose customers.

Those who own the pharmaceutical companies should try living off social security and then try to buy their groceries and the drugs they need, then they would understand. Everything I'm talking about is from my own experiences. I have to make a somewhat small check I get once a month and it has to pay for my rent, groceries and utilites. If it weren't for the help I get from the church, I wouldn't make it sometimes. These things aren't just off the top of my head, its things I've had to deal with.

1 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to argue with you on this one anymore. I have gone over all your options with you time and time again. If a person refuses to act, then there is no hope for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home