Monday, October 31, 2005

MEDICARE AND MEDICAID

whtfucover said...

No offense, but 1: it would stop coverage of people who refuse to pay. 2: The copay would go from $3 to $5 in 2008. 3" Children under 18 would be exempt from the cost sharing requirements and I think most of all, they want to hand over a lot more control to the States and help the States save money in the process. The Funniest part of the story though has to be BC/BS


The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association warned Congress that if it eliminated the $10 billion fund, it would show that "the government is an unreliable business partner." Blue Cross lobbyists said this would cause some insurers to reconsider their participation in Medicare.

The part about the Government being an "unreliable" business partner.....duh


Well, one part of their plan is to cut that $10 billion fund which they say provided an unfair advantage to such plans as the preferred Provider Organizations. As someone who has seen more than his fair share of providers, when you find a good one and one that has a good bedside manner, yes he or she would be a preferred provider. Instead of like the Air Force used to be like, where you saw whom ever they thought you needed to see. I like to hang on the the good doctors if I can.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger porchwise said...

$3.00 co-pay? whtfu must be talking about medicaid because medicare co-pays, right now, have deductables and co-pays that range from fifty and up. And part B never comes close to doctors charges. And the new prescription plan, unless you're poor poor, is not even going to pay for the first $2500. in medicine. With a 4% raise in SS supposedly coming Jan. 1, my part B is going to be raised from 54 to 88 bucks a month, then the cheapest Part D (prescription plan) I can find in Alabama is 28 bucks. All in all, I'm going to lose monthly SS of about 34 bucks and, because I'm diabetic and on a program now with Lilly (which will cease with the new prescription plan) my basic insulin is going to cost64 bucks more a month (up to 2500 bucks, ho, ho) so I guess Dubya's 'help' is going to lower my income by a hundred a month. Pardon me while I upchuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home